Sunday, October 9, 2016

Wasn't General Conference Great?!




I absolutely LOVED Sister Oscarson's talk she gave in this past General Women's Conference (2016). All of the talks were really good. And there were so many wonderful points made. But, two of my most favorite comments were from Sister Oscarson and, through her, Sheri Dew. I was so excited when I heard Sheri Dew's quote. I need to read her book so I know what exactly she was talking about, but, this has been something that has been gnawing away in the back of my head. As women, I think we are living under our potential. I think there is more we can do and we just don't know what that is yet. But, that being said, I don't think anyone is going to come out and tell us. We will, however, be given the tools we need to find out.
 Look at how hard Satan works to tear us apart as individuals and as women of a whole. We are trained from a young age through social media, television, billboards and magazines that we aren't pretty enough, skinny enough, talented enough or good enough. BAM! Your self confidnce just got shot dead.  When we see someone who we perceive as possibly being a little more happy or a little more something than us, our first instinct is not to celebrate with them but to be jealous OR further criticize ourselves. There is something we are suppose to do, and Satan and the world are doing a very good job keeping us from it. 

We haven't yet realized our full potential. I don't think we truly understand how powerful each of us are. And, together, with God we would, could, and should be unstoppable. Each of us has an important role to play. It isn't somebody else's job to tell us what that is. It is our job to ask, and to find out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.